Tuesday, August 10, 2010

scallops/martinis

Good gosh but it's humid out. The sort of humidity that is visible, a haze on the horizon. No, I know, it could be worse, but it does make for a slightly sticky feeling sitting out on the balcony.

We have a good dinner out here, and now we're each on our laptops, catching up on fun things. Blogging for me, other geekery for Conrad. Don't look at me that way - he just got a new laptop and is having fun installing and configuring and such. I geek out similarly when I get a new machine.

At any rate, we're having a fine, easy night. It's been a good, productive day all in all. Life is good. What else is good? Seared scallops drizzled with a bit of white truffle oil, seasoned with pepper and Haida Gwaii salt (flavoured with dried mushrooms) from Edible BC. Plate it with salad fixings and throw in a martini each, courtesy of Conrad.



Yes, I have a good life, indeed...

No comments: