
I made a big deal over 40, I know it. And (sorry), there's more to come. No, not so much, "Rah! Rah! I'm 40! w00t!" sort of thing. No worries. Just recapping the holiday built around it. A lovely time.
I want to single out someone, though, and for a change, it's not Conrad. Rest assured, he and I had a wonderful time together and have many many more wonderful times ahead. No, I want to use this little soapbox of mine to recognize my beloved sister, Marie.
Marie did a few things key things:
- Conrad and I own the condo, but she lives there, and as such, she opened her home to us and our friends for the open house on the Saturday.
- She was able to arrange a hotel room for our parents at a very favourable price, thereby permitting them to come down and visit for my birthday.
- She entertained our parents several times so that Conrad and I could have moments and more alone to ourselves over the holiday.
- She treated me (and the family) to a gorgeous bottle of 15 year-old vintage Champagne at my birthday dinner at the Club.
- She remains my close and well-loved sister, someone who will stand up for me come next October, and - best of all - always older than I am and, thus, hitting 40 (and, ahead) 50 ad 60 and such before I do!
(She might rightfully smack me for that last one)
I'm deeply grateful to her for all she does for me. Now then, if only TK can make an honest woman of her and redeem her from her so-called life of ill-repute! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment