Monday, August 30, 2010

where in the world are Peter and Conrad?

I can't even apologize for sporadic blogging anymore since that's become the norm rather than the exception. As TK has written to me about unrelated things: deal with it.

In any case, we have a great excuse right now: vacation. Yes, friends (all three of you reading this), we are out of town and enjoying another locale. Hawai'i, the 50th state. Only in this case, we're in a curiously very Hawaiian and yet un-Hawaiian destination.

Lana'i.



Small island, not many people. Two big resorts (Four Seasons - wow) dominate the island. There is beach. The place used to be rampant with pineapple.

And yet our upcountry lodge makes us feel as though we're vacationing in Colorado or somewhere vaguely Rockies-ish. Not much to do here, and we love it. Oh yes, we're already thinking of how/when we can return.

More detail in days ahead, assuredly. I'm trying hard NOT to spend my entire vacation online. But still, I can't resist chiming in once in a while. And when I'm silent this week, well, just be assured that all is very very well indeed!

No comments: