Tuesday, April 05, 2011

cleanse, day 1

So this is a little crazy and odd of me, I admit: I'm doing a month-long cleanse of sorts. Let's call it the MG cleanse in honour of Martin, who was undertaking it in January.

Why? Well, truthfully, Conrad and I live a life of overindulgent dining. And wining. And for some time now I've been feeling kind of off on a regular basis. I'd like to get rid of that feeling. I'd like to get back to a certain equilibrium. And once I regain that, then I can balance fun eating with a healthier approach. For a month, though, it's tipped to healthier.

A month, then, of
  • no caffeine
  • no dairy
  • no alcohol
  • no meat (but I will allow fish during the cleanse)
  • no refined carbs (sugar and white flour)

The downside of this all is finding snacking at home. Also, the morning ritual of getting coffee is a certain comfort. And arranging proper food at work is a little tricky, too. On the plus side, it is fun to try out some other recipes, some other cooking.

Monday was the first day of the cleanse. Dinner? Simple. Two eggs poached with some deliciously plump asparagus and a sprinkling of black pepper and wild mushroom salt.



It worked out quite nicely, and not having Conrad home made it easier for me to cook and eat what I wanted when I wanted.

No comments: