Sunday, February 05, 2012

before I head to bed...

A busy weekend here, though not so hectic as not to be relaxing. In fact, I found the hours spent in the kitchen today to be quite what I needed. Some cooking (things needed for dinner, dinner for tomorrow to be reheated, cookies), a couple of XMen movies, and a couple of letters written. Conrad took care of laundry behind the scenes.

I've been thinking lately about what I cook. I've been in a rut, and it's time to try some new recipes. The cookies are a small first step. I keep supplies of dried cherries on hand constantly nowadays, and in searching for a simple cookie recipe, I came upon one for oatmeal cookies studded with the cherries and semi-sweet chocolate chunks. I think they turned out tastily.

Not exactly a New Year's resolution - I don't do those, and this IS February (already!). But yes, an ongoing effort to try some new dishes. Not obsessively so, but expect to see some on the blog from time to time.

No comments: