Wednesday, February 22, 2012

a quick word before I leave the country

So yes, we're at O'Hare, awaiting a flight to Vancouver. A few fun-filled days there of buying new furniture and redecorating the condo. No, I mean that. I'm altogether excited over it all.

A few quick things to catch all four of you readers up on things...

There was baking to be had this weekend: three batches of scones in all, plus individual Black Magic Chocolate Cakes. The former were tasty, the latter, even better than that.



Four of the cakes went with us to Rachel's for Saturday dinner. I tell you, that Rachel can put together a fine meal, thanks in part to Peachy, her consultant, and Vikram Vij, cookbook author. A rare treat to have someone cook for us, and we had an exceptional time of it.



And then we made it two meals in a row with breakfast at Nancy's. A working breakfast, you know - that Aruba presentation isn't going to write itself!

Frank lives! Gone from the Smelts for far too long, and we've not seen him since the morning after the wedding. But there he was on Sunday at Yoshi's, enjoying a VERY packed bar with us. Too packed for me to comfortably take photos until the crowds thinned in time for dessert.

Alright, a quick check-in as promised. Internet access in Vancouver will be spotty in among the work starting to put the condo together. But you four are used to my long silences by now, I know. And thank you for that.

No comments: