Monday, February 06, 2023

empanada


So much to blog from this trip, so little free time to blog.  So a few short posts to at least share some of what we are enjoying.

The second word in the name of this blog is food, so food it is.  All over the place in and around Santiago we saw signs for empanadas.  I know empanadas, I have made empanadas.  Chile does its own style.  The traditional filling is beef with onions, almost like French onion soup with pieces of meat, plus black olives and hard boiled eggs.  Also, they are BIG.  


Given that we had deplaned at about 9:00, spent an hour doing customs, waited for Jenny to arrive, got our shuttle to the hotel, napped and refreshed ourselves, waited for Wilson to show up, then hit the road east BEFORE we had lunch, I was glad of a big bite.

As I write this, it’s day four of the trip, and I still think it’s my favourite thing I ate.


No comments: