Tuesday, February 28, 2023

meat!


When one goes to Argentina, one expects to eat meat.  Beef, to be sure (though I had lamb more than once in the country - and hey, why didn't I seem to see much pork on offer?).  And so it was that Conrad (look at that grin on him!)

and I had a meaty dinner.

It was our first and only dinner of the trip by ourselves, and we found ourselves bumping up against many restaurants not being open for dinner on Sundays.  We might have opted for something fancier had we known we could use credit cards without being dinged at the bad exchange rate.  Ah well.  Instead, we located a nearby place that specialized in meat, made a reservation, and found ourselves in an almost empty place come (for us) dinner time.



More people did come to dine there, and well they should.  We thought it was a nice enough place - on a corner, providing us with street views from the window at our table.  The waiter, a young man who spoke terrific English (and thank goodness because my Spanish remains woefully non-existent), guided us to the ribs, and when we asked for a salad starter and the grilled vegetables side, he dissuaded us from the former because it would be too much food. 


He was right.  We had so much leftover food (but none of the nice Malbec we ordered),

and I was happy when he told us that they give the leftovers to the homeless.

Meat.  I wish we had managed to get Jenny from our group to this place or another so she could enjoy some beef.  I surely did.  I don't eat beef often, which meant that this was a nice treat indeed.



No comments: