Saturday, August 10, 2024

so let's start catching up (cranberry cocktails)


Alright then.  It's another hot summer day in Pasadena, an easy Saturday.  We've done a bit of a walk before it heated up too much.  The third load of laundry is almost out of the dryer.  I've been writing note cards to some friends.  Let me turn to online and get back into this blogging thing before it gets too too far behind.  I have trips and meals and such to blog, after all.

Baby steps, though, mister.  Let's start with the July happy hour drinks and go from there.

We did our July happy hour on the last day of the month.  Tough month for coordinating!  Our theme?  Cranberries.  Just something silly that came up the month before, and so we went with it.

First round for us was a cranberry and gin cocktail for Conrad, and the Stormy Bog for me. 


I wouldn't say either one was especially memorable or interesting enough to make again.  Not bad, just ok.  Which is why I found a different drink for the second round.  The Cassini. 

This one was more of a winner, I would say.  Nice cocktail.  Maybe I should make one tonight....

No comments: