Wednesday, November 12, 2025

brown butter raspberry tart

One of my favourite dessert recipes gleaned from my years at the restaurant was the brown butter blueberry tart.  Brown butter was a revelation to me back in the 90s.  What flavour! So good.  It wasn’t an especially popular dessert in my recollection of those days, but it was an easy one to make.  I glance at the recipe once in a while to remind myself of proportions, but I can essentially make it from memory.  I also seldom use blueberries.  I like something more tart against the sweetness of the filling, and mango is my usual choice followed by raspberries.

We had Geoff over for dinner last night.  He and Kent are back in California after months in France.  We had thought they were moving there for good, but no.  Alas, they are also no longer together.  It was good to catch up.  I made us all ribs, we enjoyed some drinks with dinner, and there was the tart for dessert.  

Tasty!

Olive loved getting a car ride over, the treats and attention.  She had been a rather subdued little girl in recent times, but it seems that treatment for an ear infection has helped whatever had her feeling low.  She happily sat, getting attention and affection from her daddy while we kept chatting after dinner.


A nice dinner, and now we have leftovers of the tart to enjoy for a few nights!

No comments: