Friday, November 14, 2025

this past November weekend otherwise

Other than the concert, Peter, how was last weekend?  Let's check in quickly before this weekend starts.

It was actually a pretty low key weekend, to be honest, and there's not a lot to share.  Oh, I made a nice dinner of short ribs and pea puree on the Saturday for the three of us. 


The leftovers were tasty, too!

Conrad and I had a lazy start to Saturday, mind you.  A walk for me, then Van made us all breakfast.  Groceries on the way home, tidied some things around the condo,


then into the kitchen with me.  Our dinner was good, we watched a little television, and that was our Saturday.  Nice.

Sunday started out with a sunny morning for a walk


followed by breakfast at Amara, which I didn't photograph for a change.  More things done at home, but the real fun was our monthly online happy hour.  And you would think I picked the theme given what a fan I am of the show, Archer, but no.  Rachel and Chris chose the theme, and I ran with it.  As I tend to do now, I made multiple drinks to try before settling on any of them. 


The winner?  The Gillette (as in the character Ray Gillette).  Essentially a gimlet but made with Old Tom gin.

It was a very warm day on Sunday, hitting 87.  Conrad and I sat outside, enjoying refreshing drinks and the company of our happy hour gang.  After we were done, he and I enjoyed a charcuterie board for dinner, watched the finale of the Great British Bake Off, and called the weekend a success.

And now the new weekend is about to begin.... 

No comments: