Friday, November 21, 2025

Friendsgiving dinner out

Happy rainy Friday morning!  The rain should taper off in a little while, or so I hope.  Van and I are heading up to Santa Barbara after work today so that we can go to a concert there and then enjoy a day up there tomorrow before coming home to Conrad (who is in Chicago right now) on Sunday.  An inch and a half since yesterday morning!  Goodness!

The rain (and the chilly weather - yes, chilly for us, but live here for a year, and you would agree) didn't prevent us from making it to Julienne last night for another of their Thursday dinners:  Friendsgiving.  There was protection from the rain and some heaters on blast (Van and I each had to remove our sweaters).  A nice night.  We're not doing US Thanksgiving this year, so it was my one chance to have a turkey dinner,


and it was enjoyable.  Some freshly baked rolls,

a salad (that I didn't photograph), and then the turkey meal.  I won't gripe about cranberry on my plate - I don't HATE cranberry sauce, but I never eat it with my turkey.  Van opted for the swordfish, which is a great option - I've really enjoyed that one before.  Pumpkin cheesecake for my dessert,

an appropriate meal ender.  He had a glass of Lambrusco,

I had a couple of glasses of Pinot Noir,

and neither of us could finish the very generous portions.  Sated, we headed back up to his house to rescue Olive and feed her, then have a chill evening on the couch.

No comments: