Monday, November 10, 2025

Manuela

While Conrad was out of town, Van


and I took advantage of some gift cards he had on hand and got ourselves to DTLA for dinner at Manuela, a place I've been a few times now.  And you know, I think it was a better experience this time than last time.  So, let's jump back to a week ago yesterday and talk a little about that meal.

Our waiter, whose name I've forgotten now (sorry!) was great.  Maybe a little extra, but certainly attentive enough and helpful with advice on the food and drinks.  That was one big point in favour of the place.  It was on to cocktails from there,


with me opting for the I'm Your Huckleberry (it went down nice and easy) and Van for the Florida Man. 


I also had a glass of a British wine, a rose, with my dinner, but no photo.  Ah well.  Cheers to us.  We sipped and awaited food.

The food?  Terrific.  A delightful salad to share,


a nice piece of halibut for my main. 

The okra side dish was very good, too.  But really, what do we go to Manuela for?  The biscuits and ham. 

The last time I was at Manuela, I thought the biscuits were lacking.  This time?  So good.  I'd still rank them below Everson Royce Bar, but I cheerily, greedily, shoveled back my share of them.

We did get a dessert as well, but no photo of it.  Fig leaf gelato, and it was really superb, but it was also too much food at that point.  Bellies full, we brought date night downtown to a close and headed home.  Yep, we'll be back! 

No comments: