
Sunday is our usual night for Yoshi's, but it's hard to maintain that when one of us (Conrad,
Ahhhh, nice night. I'm using tomorrow to work on research at home (honest, I am!), so I didn't feel a need to keep things too moderate. No running or early morning otherwise. Conrad wanted some good wine, so we decided to share a bottle. Kobe was there already, and Laura and Michael and Gil and Rakhael all showed up, too. Lots of conversation to be had.
It wasn't until our meals came out that I remembered the camera, which means I did not think to take a shot of the poblano chile, tempura style. A tasty starter. My apologies. We did get some shots of the bento box style dinners, though.
Sea bass is the main dish on the plate. The little boxes (designed for sake, in fact) held some treats, too, though. I'm not at all a mushroom person, but the oyster mushrooms with a miso glaze were a terrific salad. Lotus root slices added texture to this side dish. My favourite part of the meal, perhaps.


We enjoyed a California Pinot Noir with dinner, and then Fernando offered us glasses of a French wine, normally kind of pricey but opened for some reason and offered to us at a good price per glass. Yum. It brought me back to the memoroy of the fine wines at Citronelle, and that's a very good association to make. I ended the night chatting mostly with Michael about books and the Canadian dollar and more.
Ah. I know I've have more to drink than usual lately, and I'm a little, well, loose. That sounds not quite right, but I'm having to correct the typing on this entry a good bit.
;-)
Forgive the one open-legged pose. I am soon off to bed....

1 comment:
Thanks for the compliment! And yes, feeling totally happy that night.
;-)
Messy? Not at all - it's all compartmentalized nicely, after all!
Post a Comment