Sunday, September 02, 2007

training run



I think I ran about 18-19 miles yesterday. I mapped out the route beforehand, but I'll go back and verify as best I can. All in all, not a bad run. I normally eschew running in full daylight, trying to get in as much before and around dawn as possible. It takes a lot to be this fishbelly white, you know! Still, Vancouver isn't as familiar to me as I'd like, and I felt a bit more secure running after sunrise.





Conrad took these photos from the spot on False Creek near the Burrard Bridge where he sat with a newspaper and coffee and bottles of water. So far as we could tell, the route I took had no water fountains. I did two out and back loops, hence the odd sequence of photos. Conrad used the time between to photograph the area nearby.


You know what, I have good calves, I think!

3 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

You're looking 'in the groove' :)

the ginger tabby said...

I have a half marathon to walk in the beginning of November, and I haven't started training yet...shhh! ;) I'm trying to get some inspiration from your photos.

Allison said...

Looking good Peter! Conrad has the right idea. Enjoy the city. Read the paper. Provide water and food when needed!