My simple dining week goes hand in hand with my biggest week of running in the training cycle: 41 miles total. 5 tomorrow morning, 10 on Wednesday morning, 5 on Thursday morning, and 21 on Saturday. Fun! Actually, it is, kinda. Running that distance allows ample opportunity to think (or not to think). The city, the lakefront is yours (at least until the hordes of training teams start barreling up and down the path) to share with an occasional bunny or even raccoon. If the weather is cool, I hope to be in a blissful mental state, comfortable while chugging along.
The Royal Victoria Marathon is now only 27 days away. I registered last December, and it's felt like it would never arrive. A nice way to spend the Thanksgiving weekend back west. I say this is my last marathon, but look at me in these older shots. Pure elation. And that Marathon du Médoc still beckons....
2002 Chicago Marathon (with Bradley and Cliff)

Post-training run, September 2004

2005 Chicago Marathon
3 comments:
Best wishes for the marathon, Peter!
The marathon is still three weeks away - now I've entered the waiting period where I feel ready to go but have to hold off until the day of the event itself!
I try not to do too much of that. A pomegranate for dessert tonight, in fact.
But there's a big-ass feed of chocolate somewhere in my not-too-distant future!
Post a Comment