Tuesday, before our return to Salmon Arm, we did, indeed, go to the mall. Mum and Roy don't get as far afield as Kelowna, at least not often, and I thought they might enjoy the wider selection of stores. Once the mall opened at 10, we began shopping - all of us. Conrad and I picked up a few things to keep at the condo in Vancouver, and we did a wee bit of Christmas shopping. We spent almost 4 hours there. Wow. Lunch was at Milestone's, a reliable chain.

My Thai chicken tacos were not anything close to dinner the night before, but the chicken and slaw were both tasty and light.
In any case, both Mum and Roy quite liked it.I wish I had photos of the drive back. Specifically, after we stopped for some produce at Swan Lake in Vernon,

we took the back road through Silver Creek. The late afternoon sun lent the valley a warm glow, and if we weren't trying to get to Gort's Gouda in Salmon Arm before it closed for the day, we might have dawdled on the way home.Once back in Salmon Arm, we dropped in at the... mall. Yep. Needed to get those Coffee Crisp to bring back to Chicago, you know. Anyway, we'd already been there the morning before for a browse (scoring some knives, of all things - my favourite make!) and Mum and Roy's regular coffee time at Chester's. We behaved and did not have cinnamon buns!


On schedule for today in Vancouver? Oh, likely a visit to Pacific Centre. Yep, a downtown mall. I really am very smalltown BC, aren't I?
1 comment:
The pita was a little much, I have to admit - too much chewy bread for the filling. Maybe if it was served warm....
Post a Comment