Thursday, November 01, 2007

Llano


I'll get to the Enchanted Rock photos tomorrow or Saturday. Sorry. A long day today, and I have to get ready to head down to Champaign very early (and not yet bright) in the morning.

I just posted about tasting the wines in Texas, but before we went to the festival, we spent a few hours on the road and on foot in the Hill Country. Lunchtime was in Llano, a smaller town than Fredericksburg, not too far a drive from it. We hunkered down at the Acme Cafe on the Square
and had a satisfying and inexpensive lunch of crab cake (Conrad) and burger (me). There weren't many shops to poke in, though Conrad found an interesting old technical book in a used book shop. We picked up a couple of coffees at a place called Fuel, roamed around the town square to admire the city hall, and then headed back to our home base. A brief visit, but pleasant just the same.

3 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

I've never been to Texas...would like to go one year...

Peter said...

Austin and surroundings are really beautiful, Brenda. It would make for an interesting visit indeed!

Anonymous said...

Hey Pedro,
Steve (Paul's friend)from Seattle, currently from Warkworth, Ontario. Nice pictures of Enchanted Rock. Spent a day hiking with my sibs there in July. Rainy and thundery. Check out some of the pictures of MayFarm. Garry takes them for me while I'm flying. www.mayfarm.ca