Friday, November 23, 2007

Vancouver weather

Ahhhh, the blessing of Conrad!

There's a quirk to our frequent travel back west that manifests itself in unusually fine weather in this rainy, grey, wet west coast city. Conrad is responsible, we have decided. Oh, he's seen rain and snow here - heavy frost here the past few days as well. Generally speaking, though, his experience of Vancouver is sunshine and little else. The people here should be pleased that he visits so often!

Dinner is on, though it's a little while until Marie gets home from work. Conrad and I have had a busy day of personal business, shopping, swimming, lunch, more shopping, a nap, and now sorting through everything that will need to come back to Canada with us. Good luck to us! Christmas shopping, you know! Anyway, we've got a nice bit of cheese from the market and a loaf of fig and anise bread to go with it. Chicken is braising on the stove with dried morels, and I have Brussels sprouts on standby. I hope that tonight I do not burn myself as I did the other night (though the halibut on cauliflower-saffron puree was tasty). While cooking is on the go without me, some photographic proof of the Conrad factor at work on Vancouver:

We drove into the city on a sunny (of course) Wednesday. Not as much snow on the mountains as there was a few days earlier, or so it seemed.




Yesterday (and again today) we awoke to dense fog in the downtown. Our "view" was rather constrained, though the last foggy shot hints of the sun about to burn off the fog before too long.

But cool out, definitely. Rather a wonderful day to get outside, stop for the excellent coffee at Safari,and then enjoy a lunch on Granville Island later on.Coconut squash soup = yummy!!

And another sunny day in the city, though looking east in the photo, one can see the remnants of today's fog.

2 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

Love the coffee art!

Peter said...

The coffee art rocks, I know. The NZ trip was the first time I ever saw it.

Yep, lots more Christmas stuff to do, truly.