Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Catching up

Hmmmm, what do I plead as my totally legitimate and absolutely understandable excuse for not having posted in days. Laziness? Boring life? Yeah, those might be good ones to claim.

A disjointed post here, mostly serving to get some photos up.

So, to start with, some photos from another suburban swim meet. Fewer Smelts attended this one, but it was good to coach them and hang out. Nice of Tim to come by and cheer as well. Adam, Ruth, and Heidi all swam very well, and Adam's BF Ricardo was a welcome supporter.




Sunday night was not Yoshi's; rather, we enjoyed dinner cooked by Frank, another teammate and friend. It's always a pleasure when someone cooks for us, and this was no less the case on Sunday night. Conrad cracked some wine, we devoured flatbreads and cheese along with an interesting interpretation of guacamole made with peas instead of avocado (it tasted of summer and eating raw young peas from the shells), salad came next, Conrad teased me into giving a mean look instead of my usual cocked-head-and-smile (I can't do mean - smug, now there's something I can do in spades!), and on to paella for the main course. The alluring fragrance of saffron had hit my nose as soon as we got to Frank's - I love the stuff and made some cookies with it on Saturday, in fact. It was a lovely dinner, and we were glad to have wrapped up our weekend that way.








2 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

Mmm...Peter, what is that shrimp-saffron dish that Frank made?

Peter said...

Brenda, the rice dish was a paella.

I can't look totally hot and alluring all the time Jeph!