No matter. I'm through and on the other side of things. It's fairly quiet here in the Maple Leaf Lounge, and I'm blogging a bit more from the vacation that was. Up next (and all of this is, of course, out of order), the rest of the time spent on the Sunshine Coast.
So let's skip the drive to Horseshoe Bay, the short ferry ride over, and get into town: Gibsons. Gibsons Landing here, technically. Prettily adorned with flowers and very quiet on a Monday morning. Conrad went a little hog wild with photographing grape hyacinths while I had stepped away a few minutes. These are but two of some 8 or so shots of them he took.




I posted some photos the other day of our little stop at Roberts Creek to admire the waterfront. After lunch with my Dad at Wilson Creek, Conrad and I dawdled still further and stopped at another little park for more admiration of things. The day was sunny and cool, and we weren't due back in Gibsons until the 6:30 ferry, so it was a pleasure to stumble upon these little spots, these little moments.






We didn't sit long once we made it to Dad's. Carlos needed picking up from his job site, and he'd wanted to go for a beer or something. Bella came along (though we left Dad at home) and the four of us ended up at the north end of the peninsula, a snack and a beer in Edgmont at the Back Eddy. Carlos tackled their biggest burger, but his eyes, alas, were far bigger than his bely. One half made it down the hatch, the other half came home to congeal. I hope it was good reheated.


A little too soon - such lovely weather, such a tranquil day - we were on the ferry back to the metro area. The sunshine had held true on the coast all day, though some clouds offered contrast and interest to the trip. Another short ferry ride - 40 minutes - and we were in the door at 8 on the dot, in time for a casual dinner with Marie.



2 comments:
actually the Skookum burger is 10 oz and yes it is one of BC's largest burgers. it was quite good all around. btw the way also it was at the Backeddy Pub in Egmont.
I always remember them as scraggly little flowers, but a welcome sign of spring. The size and profusion of these ones was surprising but no less welcome.
Post a Comment