Saturday, April 26, 2008

favourite places: Granville Island

We truly are making an effort on each trip to Vancouver to get to know our Strathcona neighbourhood and to visit and explore parts of the city unknown to us. Mission accomplished this time, and I think that on our next trip in July we'll undertake one of the long yearned-for Chinatown walking/eating tours. So credit for that, right?

But on this quiet Saturday evening, I'm missing Conrad (yes, I know, I'm sounding like a broken down record) and thinking of some of our favourite places in Vancouver. He's there one more night, having a nice dinner with colleagues at O'Doul's. Me? I've had Korean BBQ with the team, showered the grilled meat smell out of my hair, and sit with a glass of a Spanish red while I reminisce about recent visits to Granville Island.

Last Saturday's visit:




Tuesday's visit (including shots from Granville Island of the ferries that cross False Creek):









2 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

Great pictures of Granville Island, Peter.

I remember the Aquabus!

Peter said...

Public market - I think that's what they'd describe it as. Or, simply, "the market".