OK, grande misto in hand, let's go!
Allison and Sean had an inspired venue for the reception, given their love for movies: the Eglinton Grand. There was ample space for seating, for a terrific slide presentation at the front, and for dancing.
Ah, dancing. More on that later.The reception moved along quickly. Too quickly, it felt. Sorry, not a criticism, just the feeling that it was a wonderful night, and so time moved far too fast for our liking. Mark, one of the groomsmen, did a fantastic job of MCing the event,
we dined well (but only took a photo of dessert, curiously),
the cake
was cut, and soon it was nine-ish and time for music. Among the first dances was Allison's waltz with her dad (loved his Scottish regalia!),
and then the rest of us took over. 
No comments, please, on our stunning choreography.Here's the amazing thing. In seven years together, Conrad and I had never been dancing. Never. Well, OK, I lie slightly. We occasionally get silly and romantic and dance together in the comfort of our living room, slow dancing and holding each other as a soft song plays some nights when we've had just the right about of wine and winking at each other. It's a true mark of how much Conrad enjoyed the wedding and felt comfortable with the surroundings that I got him on the dance floor several times, easily, for fast and slow songs. Maybe that's why the night ended too soon for my liking. We had other willing partners, too. Fun all around.
Our table was the bridesmaids' table,
and we had a great evening with Brenda, Nikki (and her husband Steve, who was a terrific guy to chat with and even dance with), Nina, and Portia. We also wandered over to other tables to chat with Marie
and some of the Montrealers I knew. I hated that midnight eventually came.We're grateful to Allison and Sean for having invited us to share in the celebration. I'm a true western Canadian, so I can never bring myself to like Toronto itself, but I can certainly love spending time with such good friends there.
And now, if ever Conrad and I marry, we have some high standards to meet for providing our friends with a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment