Wednesday, October 22, 2008

time spent at Dad's

Family business brings me to the Sunshine Coast. I've been blessed with some fine weather, happily. Since childhood days of visiting my Grandma here, I've been very fond of this part of the province. Check out the photos and understand why:

The Rock Water Secret Cove resort, not too far from where Dad lives. I'm staying here. Quiet in the off season... ... and some nice rooms. We'll have to consider this for future trips to see Dad. The waterfront is an appealing little cove, and I took a few photos before settling down with a book in the late morning sun.


The area is thick with blackberry brambles. They're a weed, really, though one with delectable fruit. These berries didn't make the harvest. I tried one, and small wonder - too long on the bush exposed to rain - watery and sour.

Dad, on the no-longer-used dock at Irvine's Landing.


Dad inherited the house at Pender Harbour from my Grandma. I spent many summer vacations there as a child, and I still see the old house in the much-changed, renovated one Dad and his family live in. He may not have sandy beach, but he does have 350 feet of waterfront, which yields lovely view toward Texada Island both in the daytimeand especially when the sun is setting over that way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peter, it happened again. I tried leaving a comment and it has gone off to infinity...

I loved these photos. I appreciate the tour very much. Beautiful! Karen