I'll be meeting Mark soon for a bite of brunch before he heads back down to the cornfields of Urbana. He had joking (or maybe not) about having me make scones for him, so...

Yes, I've been busy this morning.
A liter of buttermilk makes 4 batches of Karen Barnaby's recipe. Four batches means four variations, and so I had fun. From left to right (more or less):
Dried apricot
Golden raisin and candied ginger nibs
Dried sour cherry and bittersweet chocolate chunks
White chocolate chunk, pine nut, and dried orange zest
Best of all, no buttermilk leftover and ultimately tossed out while I'm in BC in the week ahead. Hooray. I hate food wastage.
I have cookies on the go to finish up my baking for the morning. Now to pick out the pretty scones to bring to Mark when we meet at Yoshi's...
1 comment:
I gave several to my friend Mark and froze the rest. Conrad will be able to take them in to work in days ahead.
Post a Comment