Sunday, October 12, 2008

rehearsal dinner

Oh gosh, not much to report here. Just read into this post the ever-growing anticipation of the wedding this afternoon. The skies are clear, blue, and sunny over Toronto; the temperature is pleasant. Allison and Sean have a wonderful day before them in so many ways.

Last night, the happy couple gathered the wedding party (and in case it wasn't clear, I'm one of the groomsmen) and immediate family together at Spring Rolls on Eglinton for dinner. Conrad and I got to see Brenda (YAY!) for the first time in a few years. I got to see Allison's parents for the first time in even longer. We got to meet a number of the people (like Marie, whom we shared some wine with at the hotel last night) I've heard so much about for so long, as well as meeting Sean's family. Instructions received, gifts given to us (a digital image frame - I have ideas for it in the front foyer - cool gift!). And a fun, easy, casual dinner wherein we got to chat with a whole lot of people. And Brenda got the toast she wanted.

We have a few hours yet before we leave for the wedding. I think Conrad and I will go for a walk just to get some nice down time together. In the meantime, photos from last night...

Brenda and me.

Sean's cousin's wife, Fiona, and his mother, Phyllis.

Fiona, Phyllis, Conrad, Nina, Janet (the matron of honour).

Percy and Portia.

Allison's mother, her Aunty Kathy (Cathy?), and Marie.

Sean's brother Mark, Mark's girlfriend Donna, and Allison's cousin Rina (Reena? - we needed name tags last night, in retrospect).

The groomsmen receive gifts: me, Kevin (the best man), Tom (Sean's cousin), and Mark (another Mark).

Brenda and I with our gifts.

Opening the gift.

Brenda shows me her gift.

Jewelry for the bridesmaids.

Brenda and Sean.

Sean's parents, Ted and Phyllis.

Sean and his best man, Kevin.

Allison, with me, in a stunning dress.

Conrad and me.

1 comment:

the ginger tabby said...

Enjoyable entry, Peter :)