I know, I know. I said I was going to bed after one short post. Conrad is still clicking away through the Internet and work mail though, so I figure I may as well quickly post other photos that don't need much narrative.
The lovely woman with us is Allison. Less than 48 hours from now, she'll be a missus. Married. Contentedly. Conrad and I are thrilled to be in town for her wedding to Sean. Allison is such a marvelous friend and has been now for ten years, since library school. At one point we lived two floors apart in a small building. She came to my place for heat in the winter; I went to hers for television. We bonded over Britpop and movies and have remained dear friends since. Conrad also adores her. So we're delighted to come see her in any case, and especially as she begins married life.
We grabbed lunch with her today.



On this busiest of weekends (Thanksgiving weekend, for any American readers), we won't get much alone time with her and Sean. He couldn't make it today, alas, but we did meet up with Allison at Richtree. She and I have a long history of satisfying my maple syrup addiction by means of the ultra-light waffles made to order there. Lunch today, not breakfast, but a place of good memories for us anyway.



She looks gorgeous, doesn't she? All aglow. Less then 48 hours, less than 48 hours...
No comments:
Post a Comment