Thursday, July 30, 2009

relief

I've been tracking the weather back home in BC. Poor sister of mine, sweltering in that condo without air conditioning. Who knew that after an abysmal winter on the coast they'd turn around and have record setting temperatures. Vancouver hit an all-time high of 34.4 degrees Celsius today. My hometown, Terrace (just below the Alaskan panhandle, FYI) hit 37.1 yesterday. That's about 98-99 Fahrenheit degrees, warm by anyone's standards, I should think.

Meanwhile we pluck along in Chicago without a 90+ temperature all July. It's warmer in the building I work in than outside.

Still, I am not insensitive. I feel for my friends and family. And so, in sympathy, Conrad and drank to their very good health with lovely chilled martinis tonight. North Shore Distillery #11 gin and a good whack of vermouth - none of this "bone dry" business for us.



So there, BC folk, know that we are with you in [ahem] spirits...

No comments: