Saturday, August 29, 2009

multiple mai tais

So, since I can't go back in the water yet (doctor's orders, let the foot finish healing, I'll jump the gun and get back in on Monday), I may as well get back to blogging while Conrad is at practice.

It was a quiet couple of weeks without him home. My meals were lazy, often. It wasn't until last weekend (wow, a full week ago) that I had bloggable goods, and then I had no laptop with. Time to catch up.

If I may poke fun at myself a moment or two, then indulge me as I perpetuate a growing impression amongst you all that I am a lush or something. I was in Hawaii for a few days, after all, so I got happily reacquainted with the lovely lovely mai tai. Mmmmm...

In fact, a lot of places there make very sweet fruity versions, and those don't quite sit as well with me. One is more than enough of those. A sweet exception was the last one, at the poolside bar at the Marriott in Waikiki. A better, not-too-sweet mai tai was at our beloved Halekulani (and I call it that having only dined and drank there, not stayed - ah, to dream!). Nonetheless, no matter the sweet or fruity levels, I was simply delighted to be there and sipping. So, no complaints, just photos of my with liquor.

Mariposa (the restaurant at Neiman Marcus).


Beachside bar at the Turtle Bay Resort.

Mai Tai Bar at the Ala Moana Shopping Center.


La Mer, Halekulani.

Marriott poolside bar.

As a bonus, the shots do give you some idea of the variety of Hawaiian shirts I wear ever so winningly!

No comments: