Tuesday, June 28, 2011

start of NOLA posts

I've had my good dinner, I've posted photos to Flickr, I've called Conrad a few times. ALA is done, and with tomorrow's flight, I will be home. Happily.

I will write more on the conference, to be sure. It's been a very good and productive handful of days, and I know I have put on weight from the dining. Don't look at me askance, you know how much I love to eat. And certainly, there will be postings on food.

For tonight, though, just quiet reflection in my hotel room on how very good it was to not only attend professional association functions, be part of the work of the association, dine well, shop, and see many colleagues, but also to get to spend a so much time with the person I consider my closest and best friend (other than Conrad, of course!). Yes, you've seen him on this blog before, and here he is again: TK.



We shared a room and popped into vendor functions and wandered about and went to The Banana and talked about the wedding to come and other things important in our lives and other things unimportant in our lives and sometimes didn't need to talk at all as we just did our ironing or watched Wimbledon. And now I'm left to think how very lucky I am to have such an amazing friend.

I will blog more on other friends - I do not mean to give short shrift to Martin or CG or others. Just a nod to having had an excellent time on one of the all-too-rare opportunities that I get to.