I wrote a quick first entry on the work aspects of the trip, and I think on reflection I should re-emphasize this point: this is not a blog for me to discuss work, to discuss libraries. Incidentally, perhaps, but not the focus. I'm not particularly comfortable bringing my professional life into this blog (though happy to talk with you about it one-on-one), and so I gave that aspect of the trip short shrift. I am, however, proud of what Nancy and I undertook.
I thought we made did a very good job of addressing our topic, and I found meeting with colleagues and others in Aruba quite rewarding.But this is a blog about food and travel more than anything, so again I'll turn from talk of work and focus on some of the more interesting aspects of the trip. And for tonight, before I head off to bed, some aerial photos.
One of the many many great things about Conrad is that he flies a lot for work, and there are spillover benefits to me. Most recently, I've acquired his elite status on United. On the Aruba trip, that came in handy: upgrades! I found myself on the flight from Newark to Aruba sitting in Business Class in a window seat on the left side of the plane.
New York City poking through the clouds.
The Carolinas?
Cuba?
Over Hispaniola?
Flying into Aruba.
Puffy clouds, turquoise waters close in to shore. It was entertaining in and of itself, and I found myself surprised time and again that I was actually making this trip.
The day that travel doesn't hold some small magic for me, I should relinquish my status and stay at home. May that day never come.
No comments:
Post a Comment