Saturday, April 14, 2012

voluptuous whites

You know, I put that title in there in part because I'm curious whether it will bump up the hits on this blog. Silly but true.

Ah, but I did drink voluptuous whites this evening. CG2 was in town with her husband, Andy - so nice to meet him after having heard a lot of great things about him, and so very good to see Chelsea once again after what feels like far too long. And really, I'm all the more fortunate for having had some fine company on a weekend when Conrad is out of town for work.

The three of us met up at Bin 36. Actually, I encountered them on State Street, walking over a bridge en route - they were staying nearby, and I had been shoe shopping at Nordstrom Rack. Hey, I need new shoes!

We wandered to Bin 36, parked at the bar, and each ordered a flight. I'd been feeling a little overly warm in the store, so cool whites were my choice. The two of them shared a cheese sample (they had dinner plans still to get to), and I had my own cheese flight, too (cow's milk, all of them). An hour passed all too quickly, and we'd kicked off the evening well.

So now I wonder when I can see CG, Chelsea's sister, once again. There is much good food and wine to be had out there, and I will happily share it with any of that family!

No comments: