Wednesday, April 11, 2012

things happened in the past month: mussels

Back and forth I go with this blog. Hot and cold. Name your opposites.

I've had a couple of worthwhile conversations recently with friends. Should I blog, should I not. The blog will always be here, whether or not I blog. It's a durable record. Yes yes, "always" is an exaggeration. But the point is, I can return to this so long as Google lets me. And I think it will for a while to come.

The other point that was mentioned to me was that it's a good thing to get down my personal thoughts on how various experiences were. The recent Aruba trip (to be blogged) is a case in point: I have photos on Flickr and I've sent a note to my colleagues (it was a work trip), but I haven't spoken about how the trip was for me personally.

In other words, stay tuned.

So let me blog a bit this week while Conrad is out of town. Things I've done since mid-March. And there have been a few things. Starting small, then...

March was unseasonably (and to many, delightfully) warm. Temperatures hit the upper 70s and low 80s on several days. And restaurants set up outdoor seating. For all that I'm not actually tickled by the relative absence of winter, I do enjoy sitting outside for a nice meal. That in mind, Jeff (our neighbour) and I headed over to Hearty for all-you-can-eat mussels night.

First off: great price.

Second: tasty beer.

Third: Jeff kicked my butt, something like 6 servings to 4.

Fourth: good fries. And mussels.

Fifth: the dessert overpromised and underdelivered. Really tough and dry monkey bread and in bad need of that sauce. Good sauce, though!

So yes, I (we) have been dining out quite nicely in the past month. My waistline bears testimony to that. Thank goodness for running!

No comments: