Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday afternoon baking

I think I've done a lot this weekend, really. I shan't bore you with details of the cleaning, mind you. We all have our own bathrooms to scrub, right?

The kitchen is currently a little messier than I'd like, but I'll soon have it put back together. While the cookies are warm and fresh and sweetly scenting the room, I want to quickly blog them. Gosh, it feels like ages since last I baked! A nice thing to return to, and, happily, I wasn't hurried at all. Some HIMYM, Project Runway, and Coupling to watch, and I was enjoying my baking time.

Two batches done this afternoon, two old favourites. One batch are the dried cherry and almond biscotti (a Martha Stewart recipe), the other are white chocolate chunk and macadamia (from Dinner at the Authentic Cafe by Roger Hayot). I think they turned out decently.



Now then, time to get them boxed up, parceled out, and on their way others. And after a few hours in a warm kitchen, I think I need a shower.

No comments: