Monday, October 23, 2023

as seen from the plane whilst flying home

A short post, as happens.  Just a few photos from the plane ride home this past Saturday, from Tampa to Los Angeles.  I had a window seat, and I checked out the scenery from time to time.


Starting with the "current view" post that I do sometimes on FB to be a little braggy about my travel.  Sorry.

So then, we crossed a section of the Gulf of Mexico, and I feel pretty certain that that is the Mississippi River delta there. 


If not, it's a bloody major river with those channels, and I can't think of another that it would be.

We flew in over the Texas coast, then it clouded over below us, and when I glanced out again, I thought, huh.  That's a city in the desert down there.  Phoenix?  As it came into view, I recognized Tempe.  Hey, ASU! 


My alma mater.  For my doctorate, that is.

And then downtown Phoenix came into view.


I went back to reading until we were coming up parallel to the 210 as we approached LAX.  I picked out a few things I knew, including Pasadena, but took no photos.  By that point, honestly?  I just wanted to be home.

No comments: