Sunday, October 22, 2023

birthday/anniversary


The end of October is a special time of year.  No, not Halloween.  I don't give the slightest care about that day.  I won't rain on others' enjoyment on it (and that means a hearty FU to anyone who does that to my enjoyment of Christmas - let each of us enjoy what we enjoy), but I won't join in.  No.

Instead, late October means anniversaries - of the first date that Conrad and I had and then of our wedding - and Conrad's birthday.

And this year, I was out of town for two of those three events.

Conrad did go out for dinner to Perle with Natasha on his birthday and while I was in Tampa.  I was happy to see the photos from that. 




It's not a milestone year, but I am sorry I missed celebrating that one.  He had a good time, though.

Today is our wedding anniversary.  Twelve years.  And we took it easy.  Some housework, a nap.  A breakfast at Amara. 


And then I made us dinner.  Some scallops on a really good, savoury carrot puree and thoughts of how I could have done that differently to make it a better meal. 

Dessert was nice:  olive oil cake with a citrus and rosemary creme anglaise, blood orange sorbet, and a bit of an almond praline. 

We had cocktails before dinner and some Pinot to follow.

A nice Sunday night for the two of us, a nice little loving celebration.  I can edit the food in my head but appreciate that we had the day together so nicely.

No comments: