Friday, October 27, 2023

catching up with Stephen


Conrad and I have joked a number of times about the proliferation of Stevens and Stephens in our life.  Steven and Steven in Vancouver.  Steven in CT.  Steven in AL.  Glendale Stephen.  There are more.

We hadn't seen Glendale Stephen (and one of the only ones we know with that spelling to his name) in far too long.  I mean, Glendale is only one city over, it's not as if it's far.  But life is life and people are busy and such.  So it had been a while.

I pinned down Stephen to a midweek dinner last night.  Given our travel, midweek is the best time to meet up lately.  We met at Maestro, which I've been missing in recent weeks as well.  Before Stephen arrived, Conrad, Van, and I grabbed a round of drinks from Rigo at the bar,




then we got our table outside.  A mariachi band set up and played, the outside seating was busy.  I took no food photos, just enjoyed catching up.  A nice evening for the four of us.


Now then, Stephen, let's not let so many months go by again!



No comments: