Friday, February 02, 2024

a return to Maestro

We've been derelict, I confess.  Last weekend Peter and Matt were in town.  The weekend before, I was in Baltimore.  And aside from that, Van has been doing a cleanse.  So we've not been the good, regular Maestro customers that we should or could be.  Sorry.

But tonight we did go back.

As always, we arrive right at opening to nab our favourite seats at the bar.  Alas, although the dining room was still empty,


someone had grabbed my corner seat, and we sat elsewhere around the corner of the bar.  Ah well.  We got to chat with Rigo and Marco, and the owners, Sergio and Paul.

And we had good food.  Guacamole and cocktails to start, and then the bone marrow esquites came out. 


Yum!  Intensely flavourful.  So good.  That was followed by the cochinita pibil,

and we fervently hope these stay on the menu a long while yet.  So good!

And then we came home to read, plan travel yet to come, and wind down very early.  Ahhhhh.  I like our Friday nights like this muchly!

No comments: