Thursday, February 01, 2024

capping it off with sushi

So that was January.  I just managed to cross 10,000 steps a day on average - some good days, some lazy days.  I made it to Baltimore.  I... hmmm... not sure what else momentous I did.  Ah well.

I didn't get home from work until close to 6, so rather than do Thursday night sushi, I readily persuaded Conrad to do Wednesday night sushi instead.  Thursday (when this will post but not be written) is supposed to be very rainy, and I have no need to be on campus, so I will work from home and save the commute time.  That will make for an easier time cooking us dinner.

We headed to Mama M shortly after 6, and sat at the sushi bar.  A bottle of red wine, and requesting things of the chefs.  We did well.  We often get takeaway from them, but it's a nice treat to go and sit there, have the hot things piping hot and the chilled things chilled.  Delicious.

We dined well.  Loving my amaebi as always. 


A nice starter of shishito peppers. 

Some lovely sashimi

and then an assortment of nigiri that were just delightful.




It's February tomorrow.  A new month, new adventures (or things close to home).  I am happy we capped off January with a nice little dinner at one of our favourite places.

No comments: