Monday, April 01, 2024

Easter dinner


I've gotten lazy, friends.  First there was a Christmas meal, now Easter.  And there am I, getting a Honeybaked Ham ham for dinner.  It's easy, I just make the sides.  Special occasion meal, Bob's your uncle.

Sigh.

Ah well, I did make sides.  A potato gratin from a new recipe, and not one I'll make again.  Some roasted carrots, some steamed green beans.  Buttermilk biscuits.  It was all fine.  Erik and Avery came over from next door, and the five of us enjoyed the meal.


Ah, but the dessert.  The dessert!  I haven't made this one in years, but it popped into my head to do it a couple of days before Easter, and so I did.  Tuscan cream cake from Emily Luchetti's awesome Stars Desserts cookbook.  A treat.  It could have looked better as a whole,


but a wedge of it was tempting to look at, I think. 

It was good, friends.  So good.

We're into April.  Spring break at work, some travel ahead, maybe a little more rain before winter is fully done with us.  Welcome to a new month, everyone!

No comments: