Wednesday, April 24, 2024

morning walks with friends


I'm going to parcel out the weekend that was in a few posts in days ahead, and not in a particular order.  I'm feeling better from the cold - a weird cold this time in that usually with me, a cold builds slowly and lingers long, but this time it's been fast and intense and already settling down - and I'm still a little drained.  Ah well.  Time enough in days to come to post things.

My first morning in Chicago I was up and out on foot alone.  The next three days, though, I was with friends:  Amy and Sam.  They delegated the route details to me, and I led them out.

On the Friday morning it was across the river then over to Navy Pier.  Similar to the day before, a little shorter.


On the Saturday, we headed west along the riverfront then back to the hotel.


On the Sunday, we headed south along the lakefront as far as Buckingham Fountain, then up through the park to the hotel.


On all three days we had great conversation, sunshine, and cool temperatures.


I've missed my walks these past few mornings, and I hope to get out on foot tomorrow before work.  My step count has suffered!  And I do miss the conversations.  With Conrad when I am at home, and with friends on trips like these.  Come on, cold, get thee gone!

No comments: