Hooray for when folks I know and like so much come to town. Janice is here for a few weeks, running a program at UCLA. Andrew flew in to be a speaker yesterday (I was a panelist for Janice the day before). What an opportunity! Even though it's a 50+ miles slog round trip, Conrad and I happily met them for dinner at Wolfsglen.
I didn't photograph the food. Low lighting plus chat conspired against that. I liked the food - my pork chop was about the most tender I've ever had. The service wasn't great, though. The hostess was delightful, the bar staff (Conrad and I arrived early, so we had a drink) were terrific. But after taking our order, our waitress disappeared, and the man who replaced her never seemed to give us much attention. I think he was the last waiter there, but well into our meal, the place was pretty emptied out. We might have had dessert, but we sat a long time (and he didn't even mention it as an option). Ah well. The restaurant isn't all that close, so I likely wouldn't have gone back anyway given the distance. What's important is that we got a chance to get together with some very lovely people.




No comments:
Post a Comment