Ah, birthday week. Love it!
No, I'm not really one for making a fuss over my birthday, and this is not at all a milestone birthday year. Still, a little fuss is nice. So then, thank you to Van for dinner out at San Laurel
at the Conrad Hotel (ha!)
with our friends Mitch and Ted.
It was a lovely evening.
If there is a small complaint (and not my complaint) it's that we had requested a patio table, but we were relegated to inside but right at the open doors to the outside. I was fine with that, truly. We arrived several minutes early, time enough for me and Conrad to talk gins with a bartender and get his recommendation for a martini-like cocktail made with a Spanish gin and wine.
Toasts all around and then into the food. Shared appetizers including jamon,
roasted eggplant,
stracciatella and peaches,
and grilled gem lettuce. My main was the duck breast.
Our desserts included an excellent Basque cheesecake, a pistachio cake that was fine,
and a flan that had a candle. Ugh, no fuss, please!
Ah, but it was all lovely. A fine evening, and from where I sat there were great views of the Disney Hall.
So good to chat travel and more with Mitch and Ted. And, of course, there were my two lovely guys. A few days until I am 54 (!!!!), but what a way to usher it in.













No comments:
Post a Comment