Still taking us back, this time to June 25 when the gang got together online for cocktails. Funnily enough, I was running around the condo, getting packing together when one of the gang messaged to say they'd be late, and I thought, oh shoot! I had forgotten, which meant I hadn't researched the theme: New Wave/80s.
A quick search, and I found a typical eighties drink, and then while we were sipping and chatting, I found two more I could make fit the theme. So, then, friends, I present
The Kamikaze.
The recipe I used was far too tart, and I ended up adulterating it with some simple syrup after I took the photos. Once sweetened, it was probably my favourite of the night.
The When in Roma (get it?).
I fudged this a little, and maybe the original recipe would be good. This was not. Sorry. Pretty enough in the photo, but after giving it a handful of sips, I consigned it to down the sink.
The When Doves Cry.
I wanted to like this more. The photos showed a dramatically purple drink, befitting Prince, but mine was more a reddish, pinkish hue. Not too bad, but the cassis just didn't taste right with it.
Ah well, it was a fun time. Since we all found that a lot of cocktail recipes used cranberries (think cosmos), we decided on cranberries for July!




No comments:
Post a Comment