January 2? Wow! Christmas will be upon us soon. Or so I always hope.
Ah, just kidding. A little. A long year stretches out before us, and Conrad, Van, and I are already filling it with trips and other plans big and small. I'm excited for the year ahead. Now then, let's look back a little.
Conrad and I got out of the neighbourhood by the end of the afternoon on New Year's Eve. The crowds swarming around and camping out for the parade and the football game mean that either we stay inside at the condo on one side of the parade route or break free and be elsewhere for an overnight and beyond. So we headed to Van's. We had plans for grilling burgers and watching a movie, and that's what we did.
It was a leisurely, mellow evening. Van made mai tais for us for before and during dinner,
and then Conrad made us chocolate martinis for after dinner and during the movie.
The movie (Wicked Little Letters) was ok, not the comedy we had expected or wanted. Ah well. We saw midnight and went to bed not long after.
I was up before the others yesterday and went for a walk alone. Conrad and Olive then joined me for another walk, and later in the day, all four of us
got over to Lacy Park for an afternoon stroll. You can be sure Olive loved that - new places to sniff, new doggies and people to meet! Van made us flapjacks with bacon and scrambled eggs while Conrad and I trekked to Starbucks for us all. After the walks and while the football game was underway, Conrad and I came home. A simple dinner of pasta, some television, and that was New Year's Day wrapped up, more or less.
And so 2025 rolls forward. Here's looking forward to good and fun things about which to blog!









No comments:
Post a Comment