Thursday, January 16, 2025

pink cone


The little girl was not feeling especially sociable on Tuesday when I was over at Van's doing some work, and that's unusual for her during the day.  I chalked it up to pain from her hips, something she deals with as she ages.

Later that night, Van messaged us.  Had I noticed Olive chewing on the fur and skin on a front leg?  No, not at all.  But she had been, it turns out, and she now had a bare area that was badly inflamed and perhaps even bleeding.  Off to the vet with her!

From what we learned, she had some sort of infection, the cause of which we still don't know.  And she was trying to cope with that the only way she knew how.  Poor girl.  Van got her taken care of, and she currently has some pills that she keeps avoiding eating.  Oh, and a new accessory:  a pink cone.


I don't think she will need it for long.  I didn't see her trying to get at the wound last night, happily.  But she may need it on her a little while longer.  And she endures it, patiently, good little Olive.  But ah, I can't wait for her to be better soon.



No comments: