First Friday of the year, and last night found us at Maestro, holding up the usual end of the bar when it's just me and Conrad and no Van with us. Guacamole to start with, of course,
and then the grilled octopus dish
followed by the cochinita pibil.
Three things we enjoy greatly.
Where it was different than usual was in the drinks. Conrad had a glass of wine and one only. I stuck to water. I tracked my drinking in 2024 - you may have seen posts about cocktails and wine tasting and such, right? Honestly? Not good. So I'm off to a dry start to the year, and after I do finally break that streak, whenever that will be, I need to do better than in 2024. We shall see!
In any case, a welcome return to Friday nights the way we like them after all the holiday cheer and such is done with.



No comments:
Post a Comment