Yesterday the group had its postponed online drinks session with royalty as the theme. This makes sense if you stop to think that we originally had it planned to do the drinks on Victoria Day. Ah well. Half of us had yesterday off anyway, so it was nice to get together late afternoon.
I made three trial drinks earlier in the afternoon: The Queen Elizabeth (dry vermouth-based, which wasn't as bad as I feared but also wasn't one I really wanted to return to all that eagerly), the Countess (essentially a white rum variation on a margarita but with a little Benedictine instead of agave syrup), and Dubonnet and gin, the preferred tipple of her late majesty, QEII. It was that last one that I served up for me and Conrad and Van. I didn't mind it, Conrad was least convinced of all three of us.
In any case, the May Grey had burned off, and we had a lovely and mild afternoon to sit outside and catch up enjoyably.
June's theme: bachelor party! Chris is only a few months out from his wedding!



No comments:
Post a Comment