Sunday, May 18, 2025

third weekend in May

I haven't done one of these weekend overview entries in a while.  So then, while it's still a relatively easy Sunday afternoon, let me check in on the weekend that has been so far....

Friday evening:  Maestro!  A long overdue visit there.  We say outside and had a leisurely dinner with Jennifer and Sanders.  The cochinita pibil for my main, and it was so so good. 


The night grew a little chilly by the end, but we had a lovely time of it, all in all.

Saturday:  I did about two miles of walking before Conrad joined me.  Amara was the destination at the end of the walk, and I armed myself with a decaf latte as usual. 


I wasn't super hungry after the night before, though, so I stuck with an empanada as a smaller, simple breakfast. 

Conrad,

however, enjoyed his usual!

We did a bunch of housework after that, then I went off for a massage and groceries.  We head over to Van's later in the afternoon where I made us ribs for dinner. 


We watched a little television before dinner, but through and after dinner it was enjoyable conversation and no more television.  That suited me nicely.

Sunday:  I was out the door by 6:35 and managed a respectable 6.13 mile walk.  I love having the quietness of early Sunday mornings to get out and about on foot. 


I took a few photos while on the walk,


but mostly just got in some steps and listened to music.  The three of us had a very late breakfast at lunchtime, and now Conrad and I are at home.  More laundry on the go here, and we'll meet up with Rick and Jacque for dinner this evening.

So, there:  the weekend report.  A long weekend for us next weekend - I'm looking forward to wasting one of those three days with some reading and not much more!

No comments: