A short post on my lunch break. A morning walk as usual today, and when I set out and crossed the street to the park, I realized that what I thought was a large dog being walked was in fact not tethered to anyone by a leash and was a coyote.
I've seen lots of coyotes in Pasadena over the years, but they tend not to be this close to the busier commercial area of the city. Mind you, at that time of morning, things are quiet enough all around.
The coyote loped along across the park lawn, stopping over at the base of a palm tree where it began pawing at the ground. I headed the other way, giving it a wide berth.
But with that sighting and all the parrots having roosted in the trees on the south end of the park and nearby, kicking up a cacophonous chorus, it was quite the morning for Pasadena wildlife!

No comments:
Post a Comment